-
January 29th, 2005, 05:12 PM
#1
Jane Hart
Guest
Nah, perfectly acceptble. Every one has their own opinions with the pre-mattel and mattel dolls, nothing wrong with that. I used to want only pre-mattel dolls, but I am perfectly happy with the newer ones I have now, they are just as beautiful in my opinion. Plus I think the newer Sam is prettier, she has more colour! The older Sam seems to be a little pastey. And besides, it sounds like you got a pretty bad Sam, nothing like she really is, who knows her story. I hope you have better luck!
-
January 29th, 2005, 05:15 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Well, I'd say you're just looking for that Samantha with a special something. You are probably pickier than the average person with the dolls, but there's nothing wrong with that, it's just how you feel. And some people just like the China made Samanthas better than German. That's OK- to each their own. If you do sell your German Samantha, I'd recommend asking for lots of pictures when you attempt to buy a new one. Especially close-ups of the face and the back of the hair. Your German Sam's hair must have been brushed a lot, because I have a white-bodied German Sam and her hair is very curly, much more so than the more recent ones.
-
January 29th, 2005, 05:32 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Your description of the wide, evil looking eyes set off some alarm bells for me. I don't want to scare you, but have you considered that she could be a fake? There was much discussion a while back about how the fakes have that "Chucky" look to them.
-
January 29th, 2005, 06:49 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Ditto, Diana. I'm sitting here thinking she could be a fake and that's why you don't like her, Felicity. The most telling characteristic about the fakes is the slightly evil looking WIDE eyes. And that their hair is off. Is it course and "flat" looking? Flat as in no shine? Even a German Samantha is going to look an awful lot like the Mattel one you just sold.
Do you have a digital camera where you could take a picture for me or Johanna to look at? Since Ria is offline for the weekend in Manhattan, one of us could tell you if she's fake.
-
January 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM
#5
Inactive Member
You could also compare her to my German Samantha in my album in my sig. She should look mostly like that, even if her hair is a little more loved. If her face mold looks a lot different, she could be a fake.
-
January 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Im definately sure she's not a fake. Her eyes aren't BIG like the fake ones are; she really doesn't look anything like them.They do have a wide look to them though...Anyway, I put her hair in curlers-im giving her a second chance [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
January 30th, 2005, 04:49 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Early last month, I had recieved a 1991 German Samantha from ebay. I loved when I first got, because, well, she was the newest doll I got, but...Im not so sure that I like her now! First of all, she came looking *alot* different from the picture on ebay. She looked much cuter on the internet. Her hair looked alot curlier, and seemed to have a prettier, lighter shade of brown. Well, I got her, and her hair just seemed to have one, huge ripple in it. And her eyes look so WIDE, she looks slightly evil! She also can't sit down properly...like her limbs aren't attached very good, or something. My cousin, who's a year older than me, but didn't get her childhood Samantha until later, has an absolutely adorable 1992 or 1993 Samantha. Her hair is also gorgeous. Okay, so I know it sounds a bit crazy that I would give up a German doll for a China or Tawian one (im not sure which country her's came from), but I just like them so much better! Of course, if I do get another Samantha, she's still going to be pre-Mattel. I just feel bad, because I sold my Mattel Samantha to get the one I have now, and now im selling this one to get another one! My mom is completely exasperated with me; she doesn't think it's possible that I could ever be satisfied. I certainly wasn't with the Mattel dolls I had, so I sold them all and got pre-Mattel ones, and she just didn't understand it then either...But I am 100% satisfied with all the other dolls I got! I swear! So...do you guys think im crazy???
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks